Basic Electrical Safety
Electricity is all around us and makes our lives easier. Electricity can also harm us if we aren’t careful around it. The current in homes and businesses is enough to hurt or even kill a person.
Knowing basic safety around electricity can protect you from harm.
- Always have a licensed professional do any electrical servicing.
- Do not overload electrical circuits. Avoid octopus connections.
- Wet locations should have a GFCI plug. Eg. Bathrooms, outdoor plugs.
- Check cords and plug ends for damage before inserting them into an electrical outlet.
- When using a ladder outside, avoid all overhead power lines.
- Always contact Alberta One Call before digging on your property to avoid underground power lines.